PowerCADD Future

PowerCADD & WildTools
gjamesarchitect

Re: PowerCADD Future

Post by gjamesarchitect » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:41 pm

Wonderful news about the future of PowerCadd.
I use it on an older large screen Mac as a dedicated CAD work station.
I use the latest Sketchup on the latest OS on a newer Mac.
So I will be waiting for summer of 2022 for the new version of PD, with 3D module.
Hoping it will be compatible with the new 30" IMacs that are also coming out in 2022.
Geoffrey James A.I.A.
Architect in Oregon.

Jon Buswell

Post by Jon Buswell » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:05 pm

This is terrific news Todd. It really would have been such a desperate loss to discontinue everything that you and you family (and Alfred) have done over the last three or more decades. It's such a smooth intuitive program and I'm sure, with you still involved it will continue to have that seamless simplicity and power that we all love about PowerCADD.

Honestly, I didn't think I could get emotional about software... but I am.

Jon B

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:23 am

Are there any schedule updates regarding PC rewrite?

dnathanc

Post by dnathanc » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:10 am

crickets...

SteveMouzon

Post by SteveMouzon » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:11 am

I went to the Form•Z website a few days ago and there's chatter there about it. Here are the posts by the official account in the Please welcome PowerCADD thread:

October 28: We are excited to announce that AutoDesSys and Engineered Software are joining forces! PowerCADD has long been recognized as a powerful and natural 2D drawing tool with a solid following. This partnership will enable us to significantly enhance the 2D drawing capabilities we can offer to formZ users. Work has already begun on a new modern PowerCADD. We look forward to sharing details along the way and expect to introduce these exciting new 2D capabilities by the end of next Summer.

November 5: Please be aware that the current version of PowerCADD supports OS X 10.6.8 - 10.14.x only. We are working on a major upgrade to PowerCADD that in addition to a number of new features, will add support for newer operating systems and Apple silicon. Please bear with us over the next few months as we work on what we feel will be a very strong 2D complement to form•Z.

March 10 from another thread: Rest assured that work on modern PowerCADD is full swing and we are excited about its future. We have chosen not to reveal more details until it is a more complete product (remember you only get one chance to make a good impression). For those of you not familiar with PowerCADD, it is a wonderful drawing tool that has been around as long as form•Z with an equally passionate user base. Unfortunately, the current PowerCADD 9 product is not compatible with the newer operating systems. We are in the process of modernizing the product and adding some import new features. When complete we will have a dedicated 2D drawing tool that will exceed the capabilities of layout.

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:23 pm

I find it very sad that we have more info (news) from the Form Z web site, than what we have from this forum.
Why is it so difficult for Engineered Software to give it's user base news every few months. Just a few lines.
We have been waiting for so long for a new version.

chip.clark

Post by chip.clark » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:32 pm

Well, that seems to start to answer the question of integration or discrete softwares...

are they taking suggestions for the new name?

May I suggest "PowerCADD Z" (insert lightning graphics and thunder claps with echoing Hollywood advert voice-over)
Chip Clark

Rick@Group3Arch

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 pm

Hmmm... crickets, still nuttin' but crickets. I keep hoping that there will be someone who knows something about the FormZ "transition". :(

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Still limping along on Mohave and a five year old computer! Would be nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel that's not another train!