PowerCADD & Catalina

PowerCADD & WildTools
SteveMouzon

PowerCADD & Catalina

Post by SteveMouzon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:48 pm

Seems like I've seen some say that PowerCADD runs on Catalina just fine. Apple just started putting up a dialog box every time I open Windows, Numbers, and Keynote telling me to upgrade, and the latest versions don't work with anything older than Catalina. Obviously, this will get annoying. Has anyone had extensive experience with PowerCADD on Catalina? And are there problems you've run across or not?

grayfield

Re: PowerCADD & Catalina

Post by grayfield » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:20 am

I have a copy of powercadd 9 running on my old macbookpro. How do I transfer to my new machine and install my license key?
thanks

Peter J

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:43 am

Neither PowerCadd nor any 32 bit program will run natively in Catalina. The only option is to run a Mojave OS in Parallels and then run PowerCadd in it. If you do this there are people on the board who have years of experience who can help.

Ralph

todd@engsw.com
Site Admin

Post by todd@engsw.com » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:08 pm

Dear PowerCADD Users,

In June I delivered sad news that development was ending with PowerCADD. Today, I have some exciting news about PowerCADD’s future. Engineered Software and AutoDesSys, Inc, (the maker of the form•Z 3D design modeler) are joining forces to develop the next generation of PowerCADD.

This partnership brings additional development, technical support resources and expertise, and a 3D connection to the PowerCADD product line and will add powerful 2D drawing capabilities to the form•Z product line. We share a vision of a drawing tool with classic PowerCADD capabilities using a modern approach that will take it well into the future.

In this partnership I will be focusing on development, returning to a role I have cherished since the early days of PowerCADD. Work on this exciting new PowerCADD is already underway. Please bear with us through this process. We look forward to sharing details along the way and we hope to launch the new PowerCADD by the end of next summer.

We will be announcing more details on the partnership in the coming weeks and operational details regarding sales and technical support.

Sincerely,

Todd Stanley
Engineered Software

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Many thanks Todd and I wish you well with your new partnership! I, as many do, look forward to a rebirth of PowerCADD, a product we all have come to love and rely on. Have a great week - Frank