PowerCADD Future

PowerCADD & WildTools
bellarchitect

Re: PowerCADD Future

Post by bellarchitect » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:29 pm

Summer 2022 based on Todd’s initial post regarding moving PC forward in this thread.

Lester Tobias

Post by Lester Tobias » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Actually, that initial post suggested more details would arrive sometime in November, 2021. Haven't heard anything since the October initial post.

G4FDC

Post by G4FDC » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:27 pm

I received notices regarding Microsoft that there are 5 programs that need to update and need update to OS Monterey.
Can you please tell us and the Forum where you are with the joint venture?

pjmeli

Post by pjmeli » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:52 pm

dFA wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:14 pm
Since Todd’s announcement (yay !) I downloaded the form•Z FREE Version and have played with it for a few hours.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

dF
I tried the 30-day trial for the Pro version but couldn't get the references to display properly (or at all) in the Draft module. Probably PEBCAK but I ran out of time.
I'd be interested if anyone else had the same experience.

Paul

Bruce R

Post by Bruce R » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:37 pm

I am delighted to hear the news that Engineered Software and AutoDesSys, Inc are collaborating on a joint solution for the future. I am looking forward to a joint 2D/3D integrated product with all the capabilities of both products and will happily contribute to beta testing if that is helpful.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:24 pm

G4FDC wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:27 pm
I received notices regarding Microsoft that there are 5 programs that need to update and need update to OS Monterey.
Can you please tell us and the Forum where you are with the joint venture?
The latest Office is written to work on MacOS the last 3 versions. That would put the earliest version as Catalina. If I were you, I'd ignore Microsoft pestering you to upgrade. That's what I've been doing. As long as your programs are functioning well, there is no need to update at this time.

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:01 pm

I am looking forward to a joint 2D/3D integrated product with all the capabilities of both products and will happily contribute to beta testing if that is helpful.
Slight misunderstanding here. The companies are joining forces but FormZ and PowerCADD will continue to be separate programs.

Alfred

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:05 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:01 pm
I am looking forward to a joint 2D/3D integrated product with all the capabilities of both products and will happily contribute to beta testing if that is helpful.
Slight misunderstanding here. The companies are joining forces but FormZ and PowerCADD will continue to be separate programs.

Alfred
Afred, Thank you for the clarification. This seems like the best way. Hopefully there'll be some sort of bridge to exchange images or geometry between the two programs.

Peter

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:30 am

Peter,

There already is. We have OpenClip Copy in PowerCADD and OpenClip Paste in Form Z. It’s been there for years. We also have had it working the other way at one time. Somewhere along the way OpenClip Copy got left out in Form Z, but the OpenClip Paste has been in PowerCADD all along.

Alfred

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:01 pm

Alfred
That's interesting Alfred, because a lot of us assumed that the adding of "powerful 2D drawing capabilities to the form•Z product line" implied that form•Z was subsuming PowerCADD.
Re-reading Todd's announcement about the "new PowerCADD", your note makes sense. We all look forward to PowerCADD's future in 64bit glory!
Just wondered- will WildTools remain as a separate add-on or be integrated into the new PowerCADD?

Thanks.
David