WildTools Future

PowerCADD & WildTools
bbbern

WildTools Future

Post by bbbern » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Hello,

I've been a passive member of this forum for a long time and have been following the PowerCADD development discussion eagerly. I had already made the switch to HighDesign when the news came out that there might be a future for PowerCADD beyond Mojave after all. I would swing back to PowerCADD in a heartbeat if this turns out to be true, although a vague promise of "next summer" leaves me uneasy, because we've been hearing that now for three years running. I hope that it really pans out this time, and I wish Todd nothing but success with the endeavor.

What seems odd to me is that no one has thought to ask one very significant question: Will WildTools be migrating to FormZ along with PowerCADD? Or maybe the topic has been addressed, and I missed it. In any case, PowerCADD without WildTools would be like removing 3/4 of the clubs from your golf bag and trying to slog through with the rest. I'm pretty sure the game would stop being fun.

- Bob

Alfred Scott

Re: WildTools Future

Post by Alfred Scott » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Bob,

Thanks for your concern. Don’t worry about WildTools, it’s not going to change.

Alfred

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Well that's a huge relief. WildTools and the consistent quality of work that Alfred creates is the primary reason I use PowerCADD.
- Paul

fred johnson

Post by fred johnson » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Alfred,
Good to know that Wild Tools development will continue well into the future. Thanks for all your efforts over the years.