Hatch printing too large, sheet size incorrect

PowerCADD & WildTools
PeterKona

Hatch printing too large, sheet size incorrect

Post by PeterKona » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:16 pm

I've had an issue where two different files developed a problem where print to pdf creates an image that has the incorrect sheet size and the hatch patterns (for the most part) come out way too large in scale. In Preview the sheet comes out a squarish shape with large borders in comparison to the designated layout. The only way I could access a good print was copy everything to a new file. This is not good for a complex file with many sheet setups--with months to go in the project.

Save As did not cure it for me, BUT it did fix it when my colleague did Save As on his machine. When I open the files he makes, they print OK for me as well.

Has anyone seen this or have an idea where the problem may lie? Curious that it happened to two different files in the same period.

DavidScottOrkney

Re: Hatch printing too large, sheet size incorrect

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi Peter,

Have you tried using the 'Clear Print Record' menu command (File Menu).

David

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:28 pm

Good idea. But that had no effect on the corrupted file. Thanks!

I just can't see why "save as" worked for my friend but not for me.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:25 pm

You've probably thought of this, but might it have something to do with your "page setup" configuration, in particular custom sheet sizes? I some times have similar (but different) issues when I've deleted a printer and added a new one.

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:33 am

patrickm wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:25 pm
You've probably thought of this, but might it have something to do with your "page setup" configuration, in particular custom sheet sizes? I some times have similar (but different) issues when I've deleted a printer and added a new one.
I did reset this for good measure and it made no difference. The added defect in the size of hatch indicates some more complex problem. I guess I can hope that this just does not happen again. Perhaps these two files are related in some way or both were corrupted by being open at the same time by some other event.