What Mac OS are you running?

PowerCADD & WildTools
patrickm

What Mac OS are you running?

Post by patrickm » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:33 pm

Long Story:
I have been running my late 2015 27" iMac under Sierra. When High Sierra came out, I upgraded, but ran into a font problem (i.e. Myriad and Avant Garde wouldn't print properly), so I downgraded to Sierra. Besides PC, I rely heavily on Quicken, and, starting next month, Quicken will require High Sierra, as a minimum, to keep its investment features working, so I've been forced to upgrade to High Sierra. Well, I did so yesterday, and I guess in some upgrade since High Sierra first came out, the font problem that I was having seems to have been solved. Therefore, I am in good shape. Since High Sierra seems to be working, I am toying with the idea of upgrading to Mojave.

Long story short:
What system are you using and is it working for you?

thanks,
patrick

Paul H

Re: What Mac OS are you running?

Post by Paul H » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:08 pm

Using system version Mojave 10.14.6 with no problems.
Paul

RTCool

Post by RTCool » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:10 pm

Mostly because of hard disk space, I had to move from a 2012 MacBook Pro 15" running Sierra to a 2014 MacBook Pro 15" running High Sierra about a year ago. I ran into a problem that my age old standard office fonts, Stone Sans and Tecton for some reason wouldn't work on High Sierra. I got a font utility to repair and re-save them, but now every time I open a legacy file in PowerCADD it prompts that I need to find substitute fonts. I wish I could save a font substitution list and save/reload it as this routine is getting really tiring. This kind of repetitive routine is what computers are good for.

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:56 am

Mojave 10.14.6

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:54 pm

Since High Sierra seemed to be working out, I went ahead and upgraded to Mojave 10.14.6, and it seems to be working out, but I haven't really torture tested it through a day of work. Anyhow, I am really surprised how snappy and responsive my computer seems under Mojave. I had expected it to feel bogged down but, so far, my experience is the opposite. Hope that continues. It is a relief to be running a newer version of Safari, etc, for security reasons.

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:48 pm

Hey Patrick, I am running Mojave 10.14.6. The only issue I have had is once in a while a file will freeze and I'll have to quit PC and restart. It's not often.....maybe every few months. I've been trying to notice anything I'm doing, but, so far nothing I've found. Other than that, PC works fine with 10.14.6. I using a 2015 MBP and a 2016 MBP. Regards - Frank

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:28 am

I must say that after a couple days of working on my late 2015 iMac with Mojave installed, I feel like I have a new computer. It seems so responsive, crisper and generally better than it was under Sierra. PowerCADD has been running just fine, as has my older versions of Excel. It is nice to be able to upgrade some of my other programs that couldn’t be upgraded under Sierra.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:13 pm

I ditched my mid 2011 iMac this past year, purchased a 22 inch LG hi-res monitor and Apple magic keyboard, and rigged my 2019 macBook Pro to this. It's running Mojave (10.14.6). Some features, like AirDrop, simply did not work on the iMac. PowerCADD on the large screen monitor is simply awesome. I'll keep the 2019 MacBook Pro for road work, but when the new PowerCADD comes out I'm looking seriously at the Mac Studio for my main machine.

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Sun May 15, 2022 3:20 pm

Using Mojave 10.14.6 with my mid 2014 MBP. Works great. i have one bug that crashes PowerCADD but that's been there a long time before. Also works well with SketchUp, and passable with Thea. Works with the Apple programs I use, plus GMP, Excel, and Word (when I bother to use it). That's most of what I need in terms of software. LayOut works--but I only use it for putting images into PowerCADD.

I also use High Sierra that seems OK too.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:00 pm

I am running Mojave on my late 2015 27" iMac (that was actually new in 2017). Lately, I am getting warnings from Quicken that updates will soon not be available for Mojave users. Is Mojave still the most current OS that the shipping version of PC will work under? I'm losing track of this stuff...