Frozen with spinning cursor

PowerCADD & WildTools
Paul H

Frozen with spinning cursor

Post by Paul H » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:00 pm

Alfred,
The Doors and Windows menu within WildTools freezes PC and I'm left with PC not responding and have to shut it down. This occurs every time I change the size of the windows or doors by typing in a new dimension. It's primarily impactful within Windows. I've run a cleanup on the operating system many times as this continually occurs. I've given up trying to resolve it and now have to draw in every door and window individually which is very time consuming and a pain in the ass.

Any help would be appreciated,
Paul

Alfred Scott

Re: Frozen with spinning cursor

Post by Alfred Scott » Mon May 02, 2022 4:23 pm

Paul,

It’s all working fine here.

The logical explanation for what you are experiencing is that there are missing resources. That could be explained by an incomplete download or using an earlier version of 10.6. I don’t micro manage the version numbers.

Best strategy is to delete what you have, revisit the download page, force an update of the page then download again.

Alfred

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Tue May 03, 2022 4:01 am

Alfred,
Unfortunately it still freezes after following your direction. However, I've found a solution - the freeze occurs in the Window menu when the existing dimensions are deleted before typing in a new dimension. If a new dimension is typed in before deleting any previous dimension, then deleting what remains from the previous dimension it no longer freezes. It's a bit clumsy yet it works which is a big time saver.

Paul

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue May 03, 2022 3:02 pm

When I edit a dimension, I hit "command E", then "tab", which selects the text in the dimension edit window, then I type in the new text, which replaces the default text without "deleting" any text.

If that doesn't work you might back up all your PC preferences, delete them, then see if it works without freezing, in which case you know it is a corrupted preference file.

You might also try setting the dimensions to a different font, to see if that has any affect.