PowerCADD 10 update

PowerCADD & WildTools
david kropp

PowerCADD 10 update

Post by david kropp » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:14 am

A quick update on PowerCADD v10. We are currently testing PowerCADD 10 with our distribution and development partners as well as a few users. We are producing weekly updates of PowerCADD 10 and getting regular feedback from the test group. The feedback has been positive and very constructive. We are very encouraged by the interest level and the amount of time the testers spend using PowerCADD 10 and sending us their feedback. At this point, we are keeping the test group small so that we can properly manage the feedback without slowing down the development process. We hope to expand the test group soon as PowerCADD 10 matures a bit more.

Some have asked if Todd is involved, and the answer is that he is the lead developer, and he is working with other members of our development and support teams.

We get a lot of questions as to when PowerCADD 10 will be released. The reality is that we underestimated the effort involved in the migration of legacy PowerCADD to today’s macOS operating system. We believe that it is in the range of a few months from release, but we do not have a specific date yet. We approached this project with the goal of producing a solid long-term solution not just a quick fix.

The good news is that the PowerCADD core is working well, PowerCADD 9 files open and perform well on PowerCADD 10, PowerCADD 10 is running on the latest operating system versions and is native on the latest Apple M1/M2 hardware. Most of the remaining work to be completed is some UI elements and tools which we are hard at work on as we write this note. We will share more information soon.

Thank you for your continued patience.

eddiebello

Re: PowerCADD 10 update

Post by eddiebello » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:49 pm

Great news! Thank you for the update. Look forward to the new release.

Baker

Post by Baker » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:41 pm

Three Cheers!

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon May 01, 2023 1:37 am

Thank you, David!

cwelchfaia

Post by cwelchfaia » Tue May 09, 2023 12:14 am

Weve been on Powercadd for close to 30 years now, very excited about the update. It’s encouraging to get progress posts. Soooo ready to get off Mojave and upgrade our computers . Thanks for all your efforts.

allen kinter

Post by allen kinter » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:43 am

Have been power draw/cadd ing since 1990. Recently bought a new mac and went to buy the new PCADD and found out my last version was still the most current ish and 9 wont run on the new mac and i nearly fainted. Am too old to learn another cadd program and the 5 i used pre-1990 sucked. Glad to find out about 10 so i can fire up the new mac. Hope my old one lasts until then.
Good luck w/ the testing. Let me know if i can help in any way. Allen

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:39 pm

Here is the text of the message I sent to David Kropp yesterday, urging him to give us an update on PC10 progress.

Hello David, The worldwide users of PowerCADD appreciated getting your April 28 upgrade update. So now it is a week or so past a month since that update. We think a once a month progress update is in order. It would be great if you posted this update request ASAP to the PowerCADD Forum. Let's hear from you.

Bsolmssen

Post by Bsolmssen » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:38 pm

P L E A S E hurry. I am lugging around my ancient MacBook with a cracked screen and now the battery is on life support. Don’t know how long we can hang on…..