Install help needed

PowerCADD & WildTools
K Sarich

Install help needed

Post by K Sarich » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:00 pm

Hello all,

Long time user since PCadd 1 and I’m in need of a bit of help.

I am on the road and my Pcadd laptop died. Found a 2017 MacBook 12” running Ventura. Bought it, downloaded 9.1.1 from Eng. Sw. site, completed install, but the Pcadd icon shows a Ø and double clicking brings up the “needs to be updated-contact software developer” window.

Left message with Engsw, but not sure that is the place to look for answers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Derek
Site Admin

Re: Install help needed

Post by Derek » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:17 am

Hi Kevin,

You will have to downgrade the OS to Mojave. PowerCADD 9 will not run natively on any OS newer than that.

The only other solution is to purchase emulation software, such as Parallels Desktop, and run Mojave as the OS in there and thus run PowerCADD 9. This is NOT an easy or straight forward process to get it running and the resulting performance of PowerCADD can be diminished.

Derek

K Sarich

Post by K Sarich » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:38 am

Derek,

Thanks!

Just been working away not paying attention to the OS's, well, until I bought a new M1 and discovered Pcadd wouldn't work on that. Guy I bought the MacBook from said he installed original software on it before selling it to me and I didn't verify that Ventura is too new.
Off to download Mojave...

c.szollosi.nj

Post by c.szollosi.nj » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but minimum OS for an M1 Mac is Big Sur. That's two versions beyond Mojave which is the last to support running PowerCADD.