Restoring Missing PC Tools Palette

PowerCADD & WildTools
bellarchitect

Restoring Missing PC Tools Palette

Post by bellarchitect » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:32 am

A very strange thing happened tonight. My PC Tools Palette (the base tools we all use) will not load when I open a PC file (old or new file). I looked in the Anchor and it's not there either. I checked all over my screen and it's not there. It's as if it's been wisked off behind the monitors screen. Meaning, it might be open, but, it's not visible on the screen and I'm thinking it might be off the screen someplace where I can't see it.

Is there a way to bring back all of the tool palettes back to the Anchor - so basically remove them from the screen and have them all lined up in the Anchor window?

I tried reinstalling PC 9.11.1 and the tools palette didn't appear. Really strange.

Lucky I have a backup computer to work with.

Any thoughts?

Frank

Derek
Site Admin

Re: Restoring Missing PC Tools Palette

Post by Derek » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:54 am

You could try resetting your screen resolution (in System Preferences) to something smaller than the current size. This might force the palette back on screen. Then set the screen res back to where it was.

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:31 am

Thanks Derek, that worked. It actually didn't work on just my MBP. I had to connect my MBP to my Apple Display and then reset the size - I made the screen the smallest possible from the choices avaiable. I appreciete the suggestion!

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Happy to hear the basic thought worked Frank. Now get back to work! 😊