Composite Line Wall Tool

Tell us what you want
Marté

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Marté » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm

I'd like more control over the Composite Line Wall Tool. A) I'd like to be able to use it for floors and roofs/ceilings, B) I'd like to be able to show engineered wood framing and C) I'd like to be able to customize it with varying line weights and to add hatches and discontinuous elements (like gapped siding) so I could use it for detailing and cross sections.
wall.jpg
wall.jpg (49.32 KiB) Viewed 38193 times

Mikeconcentric

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Mikeconcentric » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:05 am

+1

Keith Renton

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Keith Renton » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:51 am

Great idea, this would become a massively useful tool of you had control over all the attributes.

Alfred Scott

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Keith, Marté and Mike,

Not sure I understand the concept. Right now I’m working on something else, so shake my cage when I am back.

Alfred

Alfred Scott

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:45 pm

I had forgotten what these tools do.

You can set the attributes of the individual wall element tools. That's the purpose of the wall element tools in the first row. Set the attributes for each wall element and then it will be used by the other tools.

It's not going to work to do all the other things you ask for. These things just don't fit into the concept of these tools.

What does make sense is to have individual tools for these things. That's where the various tools in the Doors & Window palette came from.

Alfred

johncruet48

Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by johncruet48 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 pm

That tool has great potential. Many of my clients want to see, especially in scales larger than 1/4 inch, walls in plan which show all the wall elements- the 3 1/2" stud, the 1/2" gypsum wall board....that's the drill. Now it's time to have the WildTools door and window tool punch through all elements of the composite wall- not just the two lines. Also, how about a tool that allows me to create composite walls from a polygon?👍

Mikeconcentric

Re: Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Mikeconcentric » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:11 pm

johncruet48 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:08 pm
That tool has great potential. Many of my clients want to see, especially in scales larger than 1/4 inch, walls in plan which show all the wall elements- the 3 1/2" stud, the 1/2" gypsum wall board....that's the drill. Now it's time to have the WildTools door and window tool punch through all elements of the composite wall- not just the two lines. Also, how about a tool that allows me to create composite walls from a polygon?👍
👍🏿

Alfred Scott

Re: Composite Line Wall Tool

Post by Alfred Scott » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:04 pm

I am making good progress in getting WildTools updated to run with the current shipping version. I know it sounds crazy, but it’s been essentially a full time job since December to get to this stage. There are enormous changes in WildTools, and you are going to have trouble believing what you are seeing with your own eyes.

Once we get this running and in everyone’s hands, then we can get into what new things you’d like to see, but it first makes sense to understand where things are in WildTools.

Alfred