Print Sheets = single file when saving as pdf

Tell us what you want
Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:45 pm

A small enhancement that would save me oodles of time (Don't you bill your time by the oodle?) would be when printing sheets as a pdf, to have the ability to choose Save As Single File, so that all the sheets pdfs would be in a single pdf file.

Thanks

mlsherrod

Post by mlsherrod » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 pm

Matt, I've started putting all my floor plans in one file and using "Show Page Breaks". So I can have a 1st floor of a house on one page, and the 2nd level of the same house on the next sheet. On 24"x36" sheet set up, that's exactly 144' @ 14" scale. So when I print floor plans, both floor plans print to the same file.

Elevations and Building Sections are in another file, I may have a grid of 6 or 8 pages (4 up, 4 on the 2nd line).

These same 24x36 sheets are 144' between pages horizontally, and 96' vertically @ 1/4" scale. So when I print all my elevations & sections, they print to one PDF file.

Same with Wall sections (Special note, vertical wall section sheets have to be in their own file cause of formatting, but that's another cool idea I'll make a feature request for)

Then you have 3 PDF files to join in the Preview app, super easy and really pretty quick.

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:53 pm

I've done what you say, but I am not looking for workarounds anymore. I am looking for real solutions. I like my plans to stack while I am working on them. If a computer can write out 6 pdf files at one go, it can certainly write them inside a single document.

kentkirk

Post by kentkirk » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:41 am

A program that helps with part of that problem is called "Combine PDFs". After you make all your pdfs drag them into the program and get them in order. Then one click and they are all in one pdf in the proper order.

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 am

You're right, Kent. I can do that in Acrobat Pro as well. What I'd like is the ability to output a single file of a multi-page pdf directly from the Print Sheets... dialog in PowerCADD.

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:03 pm

I use PDF Expert which works great by Readdle. Thanks!

Rik Negus

Post by Rik Negus » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:35 pm

I use PDF pen 9 to organize my pdf's
I can also mark up and annotate as required

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:02 pm

OK, so here’s what I do....

When I first save each sheet, I’lI preface each name with 001,002, etc. In my latest project, I want my existing conditions sheets to be first in line- right after the title sheet, which is labeled “001- Title Sheet.” Since my existing conditions sheets are EX1, EX2, etc., I label these “002-Ex1, 003-EX2”. Etc. I then print all of the sheets and they are in order. I then select all the PDFs and use Preview to open them. I then use the Print command in Preview, set up the sheet size, then select Print All in the dialog box. The result is one PDF file with ALL of my sheets, in proper order. Ready for email or Dropbox-type delivery. I don’t think I really need this feature built into PowerCADD. That I can use Preview to do this means I don’t have to splurge for Adobe or ay other pricey PDF program.

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:30 pm

I use Preview to combine printed pdfs as well. I asked for the feature because I value my time, not because I can't figure out how to combine pdfs.