PowerCadd 10

pebblebeach

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by pebblebeach » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:37 pm

Don't know, but some may return when the new v10 software comes out. Other options look tempting in the meantime--I just got an email announcing Rhino 8.0's new 2D drafting features, in addition to new 3D push-pull modeling and section tools aimed at architects. I was impressed by the demo I saw. People have mentioned Autocad LT on this forum as well, and Rhino 8.0 looks like another affordable Mac CAD alternative for those who need to upgrade Mac hardware, but may return to PowerCadd when v10 is released.
Wow, Rhino looks good. I didn't realise that it offered 2D, I thought it was 3D only. I've watched a few YouTube tutorials, and it doesn't seem that difficult to master. And it costs £810 + VAT in the UK with a perpetual license. I am going to see if I can hang on to this ancient laptop until the new year, but if I do need a new Mac, and PC10 doesn't materialise, then it is good to know that there as a decent alternative out there.

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:59 pm

pebblebeach wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:37 pm
Don't know, but some may return when the new v10 software comes out. Other options look tempting in the meantime--I just got an email announcing Rhino 8.0's new 2D drafting features, in addition to new 3D push-pull modeling and section tools aimed at architects. I was impressed by the demo I saw. People have mentioned Autocad LT on this forum as well, and Rhino 8.0 looks like another affordable Mac CAD alternative for those who need to upgrade Mac hardware, but may return to PowerCadd when v10 is released.
Wow, Rhino looks good. I didn't realise that it offered 2D, I thought it was 3D only. I've watched a few YouTube tutorials, and it doesn't seem that difficult to master. And it costs £810 + VAT in the UK with a perpetual license. I am going to see if I can hang on to this ancient laptop until the new year, but if I do need a new Mac, and PC10 doesn't materialise, then it is good to know that there as a decent alternative out there.
I may be right behind you in switching to Rhino. PowerCadd has until the end of the year for me. I'm testing out Vectorworks and will now look into Rhino. I too thought it was only a 3D app. I've only seen some of my students us Rhino for there 3D work, didn't know it could do 2D as well.
Last edited by arogerr on Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:04 pm

joseph wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:06 am
AudiA4 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:26 pm
arogerr wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:39 pm

Some in this forum are way too forgiving of how long this is taking. It's exhausting having to maintain two computer systems just because one is being developed at a snails pace! At this rate, I might be retired or dead by the time this update is released!
My point was way TOO many are being ridiculous in their expectations and downright infantile in their demands…embarrassing honestly.
We only demands what promised months, years ago; we are “men” and “ professionals” not infantile or ridicolus; anyway, we are not cars.
Agree!

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:14 pm

AudiA4 wrote:
arogerr wrote:
AudiA4 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:11 pm

[sigh]
Some in this forum are way too forgiving of how long this is taking. It's exhausting having to maintain two computer systems just because one is being developed at a snails pace! At this rate, I might be retired or dead by the time this update is released!
My point was way TOO many are being ridiculous in their expectations and downright infantile in their demands…embarrassing honestly.
Sorry that my infantile patience is embarrassing to you. My patience is running low with a development team (if there really is a team and not just one person) who can't seem to keep its most loyal customers up to date on progress of a product we all love and waiting years for. As a 30+ year user holding onto an old system just for this product, I think I and we deserve much more respect from the developers than we are getting!

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 am

arogerr wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:14 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
arogerr wrote:

Sorry that my infantile patience is embarrassing to you. My patience is running low with a development team (if there really is a team and not just one person) who can't seem to keep its most loyal customers up to date on progress of a product we all love and waiting years for. As a 30+ year user holding onto an old system just for this product, I think I and we deserve much more respect from the developers than we are getting!
They have been giving periodic updates. They've confirmed that the product is in beta testing. Beta testers have even posted screenshots. What you "deserve"?! Thanks for making my point.

Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Can we buy a copy of the beta version? I don't care if there are still some bugs.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:12 pm

AudiA4 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 am
arogerr wrote:
AudiA4 wrote:

They have been giving periodic updates. They've confirmed that the product is in beta testing. Beta testers have even posted screenshots. What you "deserve"?! Thanks for making my point.
Not sure what planet AudiA4 is living on. We've only been given the slightest info after many people complain and cajole.

Todd Stanley and AutoDesSys have shown they have no respect or care for users who are barely able to use their current version of PowerCADD on the last MacOS (Mojave 10.14.6). BTW, recently joining the list of unusable apps on Mojave are Google Chrome and Google Drive. Many people are forced to operate two Macs. One with Mojave & PowerCADD the other with a current MacOS and their current software.

Again, any decent software company would communicate frequently with their installed customer base with updates and a roadmap. You would think after the loyalty of PowerCADD's following for almost 30 years there would be appreciation shown. People have built their practice and workflows around this software so they have a right to complain and push back. Its no wonder why users have left PowerCADD.

Jean Claude EuanCADD

Post by Jean Claude EuanCADD » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:56 pm

mdhawkins wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:12 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 am
arogerr wrote:

Not sure what planet AudiA4 is living on. We've only been given the slightest info after many people complain and cajole.

Todd Stanley and AutoDesSys have shown they have no respect or care for users who are barely able to use their current version of PowerCADD on the last MacOS (Mojave 10.14.6). BTW, recently joining the list of unusable apps on Mojave are Google Chrome and Google Drive. Many people are forced to operate two Macs. One with Mojave & PowerCADD the other with a current MacOS and their current software.

Again, any decent software company would communicate frequently with their installed customer base with updates and a roadmap. You would think after the loyalty of PowerCADD's following for almost 30 years there would be appreciation shown. People have built their practice and workflows around this software so they have a right to complain and push back. Its no wonder why users have left PowerCADD.
hear hear

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:58 pm

It should be very easy; an extended or open beta “now”. Very easy. Promised, also. But “no”.

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:38 pm

Checking this thread daily now...