"Over-joyed"
"Ugh"

DavidScottOrkney

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:59 pm

revival architecture wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:42 pm
I just wanted it to work on newer Macs.
I feel the same and I think the main issue is that PowerCADD/WildTools has been developed over many years and as such is a very mature 2D CAD package. With such a small development team, just keeping version 9 working was a major undertaking without much reward. PowerCADD10 feels to me less like a 'port to 64bit silicon' and more like a 'rebuilt from the ground up-PowerCADD' with enhancements to the interface. A lot of the WildTools just won't be there, (initially at least) so I think if you've been working in standard PowerCADD you'll be very pleased but if you rely on WildTools (which I do) then it won't be so thrilling.

David

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:37 pm

DavidScottOrkney wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:59 pm
...... so I think if you've been working in standard PowerCADD you'll be very pleased but if you rely on WildTools (which I do) then it won't be so thrilling.

David
I worked in standard PowerDraw and later PowerCADD. At least I had the provision to size and insert doors and windows into double lines (walls) with the base program. I can't do that with PC10- yet. Just drawing lines and shapes isn't quite enough for me to rely on this 2D program for my drawing needs. It's high time the developers start to work on these type of tools.

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:24 pm

Has anyone been successful with establishing new Key Commands? I can't seem to get anything to work, or at least in my case, often when I assign a certain keystroke to a command, it doesn't appear to do anything, even though I can go back and see that the key command has saved. I'm sure everyone works differently, but I'm dependent on my own unique key command muscle memory, and anything short of that is entirely unproductive for me.

Jsgeorgo

Post by Jsgeorgo » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:45 pm

Whom should I contact in order to obtain a BETA copy of PCADD10?

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:18 pm

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:48 am

I looked back in my emails, and I sent a beta testing request to: [email protected]

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:14 pm

AudiA4 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:24 pm
Has anyone been successful with establishing new Key Commands? I can't seem to get anything to work, or at least in my case, often when I assign a certain keystroke to a command, it doesn't appear to do anything, even though I can go back and see that the key command has saved. I'm sure everyone works differently, but I'm dependent on my own unique key command muscle memory, and anything short of that is entirely unproductive for me.

Key Commands: PowerCADD > Key Commands... Once opened double click on the tool you want to create a command for and enter the combination then click OK.

Now then, has anyone gotten symbols to work?

Latest build fixed the text issue but still no door & window tool which is a MUST HAVE

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:03 pm

The latest build did not fix the text issue with the dimensions. When a dimension is edited, it still causes the text to double. I sent this report to Support.

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:05 pm

nametabb wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:14 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:24 pm

Key Commands: PowerCADD > Key Commands... Once opened double click on the tool you want to create a command for and enter the combination then click OK.

Now then, has anyone gotten symbols to work?

Latest build fixed the text issue but still no door & window tool which is a MUST HAVE
My point was that when I assign key commands, they don't seem to work. Example: I've always assigned the numbers to line weights...with "1" being the lightest and "9" the heaviest. When I assign these key commands in PC10, it doesn't work. Hitting the number keys seemingly does nothing after the key assignment. I need to test other commands and study it further, admittedly.