PowerCadd 10

Dennisp10

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Dennisp10 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:01 pm

Eagerly awaiting the Beta.

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:04 pm

I'd be curious to know what exactly a "Beta" version is? Does this necessarily mean it is a 99.5% complete version of the new software release, meaning must of the "bugs" have been worked out, but the 0.5% remaining is any last minute tweaks before official release? Meaning this Beta version will work just fine, most likely, for almost all of us that are desperate, while ENGSW takes its sweet time to solve the remaining 0.5%? Or.... is it possible we are looking at something 85% complete (surely not worse??) that might truly lack necessary tools (like WildTools) making this Beta version almost unusable, in which case us PCADD suckers are still looking at who knows how long for the remaining 15% (or worse)?

I guess none of us really know except the insiders and developers, who have definitely kept cards close to chest. Anyone care to offer their opinion?

NedB

Post by NedB » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:29 am

I think us suckers who are desperate to believe, even hope that a release is imminent, will unfortunately still be here this time next year as the can is kicked further on down the road.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:54 am

I think the best solution is to no longer believe these scammers....we've been waiting 10 years, there's only one powercadd left in the office (mine) on 6 stations...the best time to spend is on an advanced course Autocad, which when set up correctly comes very close to using Poercadd. I'm a chronic lover of powercadd. I'm sorry to write these words but it's been 10 years of lies and false expectations. Goodbye

Pat971

Post by Pat971 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:31 pm

Thank you Iparos for your post, it gives hope. We need positive posts !
I'm so looking forward to at least being able to consult a file with a Mac m1-m2...
I spent my summer holidays lugging around 2 MBPro's... I never thought I'd have to do this one day! :shock:

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:36 am

I just spoke with another architect yesterday, who had been using PC at his 6-person firm since the ‘90s, and he recently jumped ship to Revit. He couldn’t limp along with PC on outdated machines.

Andybme1

Post by Andybme1 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:07 am

I've got two Mac's that I'm running Powercadd. Just limping along like the few of us still hanging on.

Robert

Post by Robert » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:28 pm

Pat971 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:31 pm
I'm so looking forward to at least being able to consult a file with a Mac m1-m2...
I spent my summer holidays lugging around 2 MBPro's... I never thought I'd have to do this one day! :shock:
Agree 100% about keeping positive.
Bitching on this user forum solves absolutely nothing and to be perfectly honest, comes across as a bit childish.

I appreciate the effort being put in. The new software will come and i will be very happy.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:02 pm

Robert wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:28 pm
Pat971 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:31 pm
Agree 100% about keeping positive.
Bitching on this user forum solves absolutely nothing and to be perfectly honest, comes across as a bit childish.

I appreciate the effort being put in. The new software will come and i will be very happy.
Thank you for this. All the negative comments do nothing to change the trajectory of the project, and if people have already given up then why can't they just move on!

Ralph

Jean Claude EuanCADD

Post by Jean Claude EuanCADD » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:02 am

It is not bitching to be disappointed that a software which is years overdue an update has been promised for release of late 2022, then summer 2023 and we are now almost in October 2023 and it is not here yet. It apparently might be 85% complete but no-one involved bothered to advise that the programme for release has slipped even though I would have bet my mortgage on it not being here in summer 2023, and surprise surprise it wasn't

And those making it still will not confirm when the new expected release date is ( I asked again above)

That it simply not good enough and it is not childish or bitchy to point that out.