New PowerCADD screenshot!

Derek
Site Admin

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Derek » Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:31 pm

I'm not sure what the benefit is of discussing the beta release here in the forum. As beta testers we have been given the process to relay information back to the development team if it be a bug report or a suggestion for a change.

The good news is things are still progressing and I'm sure there will be some, maybe many, who will be heartened by that news.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:34 pm

I've been reporting bug fixes and tool mishaps to the Support team. I hope they are paying attention. For example, a problem with the dimension text hasn't been fixed and I've reported this bug for the past month.

RTCool

Post by RTCool » Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:49 pm

Making beta comments in a group chat like a bulletin board can be very useful. While beta testing SketchUp for iPad, they company set ups a private area of their BB to discuss it, and I found it really productive to hear an know other's comments as well as the official replies to them. It also meant the company could make one reply, and everyone would know. Generally, a company doesn't want the beta discussed or displayed in public, so it takes better BB software to do this feature. I have no idea if this one can or can't.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:27 pm

While I don't feel at liberty to discuss specific bugs, I will say I'm privileged to be a part of the beta testing team. Overall, however, I am finding that development of PC10 to the point of being a valuable tool has been a slow go. For example, there is no "duplicate array" yet. Moving an object based upon numeric entry hasn't been developed yet. Developing and pasting door and window symbols hasn't been developed yet either. The program running on the latest OS has promise. But I wish that the developers would pursue developing these additional very valuable tools.

HL3

Post by HL3 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:34 pm

AudiA4 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:05 pm
nametabb wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:14 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:24 pm
Has anyone been successful with establishing new Key Commands? I can't seem to get anything to work, or at least in my case, often when I assign a certain keystroke to a command, it doesn't appear to do anything, even though I can go back and see that the key command has saved. I'm sure everyone works differently, but I'm dependent on my own unique key command muscle memory, and anything short of that is entirely unproductive for me.

Key Commands: PowerCADD > Key Commands... Once opened double click on the tool you want to create a command for and enter the combination then click OK.

Now then, has anyone gotten symbols to work?

Latest build fixed the text issue but still no door & window tool which is a MUST HAVE
My point was that when I assign key commands, they don't seem to work. Example: I've always assigned the numbers to line weights...with "1" being the lightest and "9" the heaviest. When I assign these key commands in PC10, it doesn't work. Hitting the number keys seemingly does nothing after the key assignment. I need to test other commands and study it further, admittedly.
We also use 1-9 to control our lineweights! I have been trying to have those keys remain bound and work but we are running in to the same issue as well. Once bound the keys will not change the line weight. I've reported it a few times to the dev teams. I believe it is just another item that we need to keep reporting until they can get to it.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:02 am

I sent a few feedbacks to Todd, he replied personally, soon. Development is going on, I'm happy I have joined the beta testers.
Ciao a tutti! (hello everybody).

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:58 pm

HL3 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:34 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:05 pm
nametabb wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:14 pm

Key Commands: PowerCADD > Key Commands... Once opened double click on the tool you want to create a command for and enter the combination then click OK.

Now then, has anyone gotten symbols to work?

Latest build fixed the text issue but still no door & window tool which is a MUST HAVE
My point was that when I assign key commands, they don't seem to work. Example: I've always assigned the numbers to line weights...with "1" being the lightest and "9" the heaviest. When I assign these key commands in PC10, it doesn't work. Hitting the number keys seemingly does nothing after the key assignment. I need to test other commands and study it further, admittedly.
We also use 1-9 to control our lineweights! I have been trying to have those keys remain bound and work but we are running in to the same issue as well. Once bound the keys will not change the line weight. I've reported it a few times to the dev teams. I believe it is just another item that we need to keep reporting until they can get to it.
Cool! Glad to know I'm not on an island by myself!

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:28 pm

I stand corrected. Once I closed PC and restarted, my newly assigned key commands didn't stick. As for the numerical keys, it seems that they have already been assigned. I reassigned the 3 from Previous View to 1pt Line Weight which stuck until I closed and reopened PC. Also, it doesn't seem like the numerical keys on my extended keyboard are recognized for Key Commands. In text yes but not for Commands.

Also still waiting for Door & Window Tools

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:59 pm

nametabb wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:28 pm

Also still waiting for Door & Window Tools
WOW! Sad to see after all this time, even Doors and Windows Tools are not in the App yet!

I was feeling hopeful we'd have something workable soon, but now feeling discouaged again!

Paul H

Post by Paul H » Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:08 pm

Good bye PowerCad, loved using it. Especially appreciate Alfred Scott's dedicated contributions. My team and I are moving on.

PH