PowerCadd 10

c.szollosi.nj

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by c.szollosi.nj » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Joseph,

Did you think to ask which particular December was the target release month for the beta test in your PM? To be fair, that was not pinned down. :lol:

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm

Hi Joseph

I tried that on the 28th of December and there has been no reply from David Kropp, just checked and the last time he was on this forum was the 23rd of November 2023 so take from that what you will.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:44 pm

NeilY wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm
I tried that on the 28th of December and there has been no reply from David Kropp, just checked and the last time he was on this forum was the 23rd of November 2023 so take from that what you will.
Here, in Italy, we say, literally “eye doesn't see, heart doesn't ache”. Best fit in "ignorance is bliss".
I really don't know... We are mostly "professionals" here, Should we attend to our customers this way, we should be all retired, or dead. Whingeing, again.

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm

joseph wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:44 pm
NeilY wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:44 pm
Here, in Italy, we say, literally “eye doesn't see, heart doesn't ache”. Best fit in "ignorance is bliss".
I really don't know... We are mostly "professionals" here, Should we attend to our customers this way, we should be all retired, or dead. Whingeing, again.
H Joseph

Todd hasn't looked this forum since September so doesn't seem to be too concerned about the views of his customers. I would like to know what the arrangement is between AutoDes and EngSw is who is going to sell this when it arrives and is in control of the destiny of the software, if it's EngSw then I would have their website shouting that there is new version on the way with nice slick graphics selling me the dream but their website looks dated with no indication that anything is happening that would make me want to ever come back, whilst on the AutoDes website there is no mention of PC10 either. I saw speculation (can't remember where) that there was a falling out between the two companies as time goes on that explanation might fit with what we are seeing or not seeing but that was just speculation.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 am

I am in the mood for whingeing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:55 pm

joseph wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:27 am
I am in the mood for whingeing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Great.

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:40 pm

I think we can all conclude that there is not a team of coders working on the update we are all patiently waiting for. Appears only one person is working on it and they didn't use the tools Apple created for developers to make the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit. All other MacOS developers made the transition fairly quickly, not to mention years ago!
I'm astonished by the lack of concern given to loyal customers. I'm regrettably slowly making the transition to Vectorworks which is more than my needs but waiting for PowerCadd 10 is becoming an issue slowing down my consulting practice.
I wish I didn't have to do this. Some in this forum seem to have more patience than others. Mine is running thin!

iparos

Post by iparos » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:14 pm

Engineered Software use Xcode form many years and I know that because I develop my PowerCADD External (Architecural and Topography - in Italy are named IPARos Tools) using Xcode and libraries of PowerCADD developed using Xcode .
The real problem was that in PowerCADD 9 there is too many code that refer to old Apple Library and the development team had to work hard to update the code.

ryandrnek

Post by ryandrnek » Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:49 pm

arogerr wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:40 pm
I think we can all conclude that there is not a team of coders working on the update we are all patiently waiting for. Appears only one person is working on it and they didn't use the tools Apple created for developers to make the transition from 32 bit to 64 bit. All other MacOS developers made the transition fairly quickly, not to mention years ago!
I'm astonished by the lack of concern given to loyal customers. I'm regrettably slowly making the transition to Vectorworks which is more than my needs but waiting for PowerCadd 10 is becoming an issue slowing down my consulting practice.
I wish I didn't have to do this. Some in this forum seem to have more patience than others. Mine is running thin!
100% agree. I'm moving to Vectorworks Landmark and saying goodbye to PC in the near future. The lack of communication from PC, compared to the 24 VW staff is making this a lot easier.

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:14 pm

I purchased Vectorworks Architect when Todd announced the end of PowerCadd. Although I continue to pay to upgrade each year and have yet to use it for work. I like many others thought that PowerCadd 10 would have been out by now in one form or another after the fanfare of the original 2021 AutoDesSys announcement.

The lack of communication, yet again, after the mid-December beta tease has given me serious pause. It may well be time to actually use what was my Plan B.

Please David, spare me and others from moving to a different platform and rollout PC10. Even a raw beta version would work.