New PowerCADD screenshot!

RRichards

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by RRichards » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pm

NO!!!!! I'm chomping at the bit. A couple weeks ago my Parallels didn't work and I was unable to access drawings when I was out on site—a pain in the ass.

Ralph

Jo Stax

Post by Jo Stax » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:50 pm

Non

deArch

Post by deArch » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:10 pm

Okay, so where are we now? Seems like it has always been "almost there"?
When should we expect to see the new PowerCADD 10?
Just how long must we wait???

JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:51 pm

Once a week for me. Trying not to get my hopes up. But I have faith in the development team and as always anything Alfred says...

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:09 pm

A beta mostly alfa, I suppose :mrgreen:

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:49 pm

This is a major undertaking, and we should all be glad to know that work is being done.

It takes less effort for all of you to exercise patience than it does to modernize and update PowerCADD!

Alfred

c.szollosi.nj

Post by c.szollosi.nj » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:30 pm

As a user since PowerDraw v1, with all due respect and appreciation for all that you have provided and done for us PowerCADD faithful, patience?

The last update to PowerCADD occurred in August of 2010 with the update to v9. Does going on 14 years count? OK, Apple has done its part to throw stumbling blocks along the way, but 14 years!?

In the meantime, we have had to orphan equipment to run an outdated OS while the rest of the world moved on. Then there are those of us who drank the Koolaid and talked their leadership into procuring new machines to run software that was initially promised to be available late last summer.

As the saying goes - Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me.

I genuinely look forward to the arrival of v10. Hopefully, it occurs before most of us end up on the wrong side of the grass.

MWolfe

Post by MWolfe » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:38 pm

c.szollosi.nj wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:30 pm
As a user since PowerDraw v1, with all due respect and appreciation for all that you have provided and done for us PowerCADD faithful, patience?

The last update to PowerCADD occurred in August of 2010 with the update to v9. Does going on 14 years count? OK, Apple has done its part to throw stumbling blocks along the way, but 14 years!?

In the meantime, we have had to orphan equipment to run an outdated OS while the rest of the world moved on. Then there are those of us who drank the Koolaid and talked their leadership into procuring new machines to run software that was initially promised to be available late last summer.

As the saying goes - Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Shame on me.

I genuinely look forward to the arrival of v10. Hopefully, it occurs before most of us end up on the wrong side of the grass.
Me too and we’ll said.
IMHO the lack of a reasonable periodic transparency along with defensiveness isn’t accomplishing anything for the developers. Success ultimately needs users.
🙏🏻

joseph

Post by joseph » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:37 pm

c.szollosi.nj wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:30 pm
Hopefully, it occurs before most of us end up on the wrong side of the grass.
Or the wrong side of the (auto)cad :mrgreen:

Robert

Post by Robert » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:02 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:49 pm
This is a major undertaking, and we should all be glad to know that work is being done.

It takes less effort for all of you to exercise patience than it does to modernize and update PowerCADD!

Alfred
Well said Alfred.
It close. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.
Lets try and be supportive of the effort.