New PowerCADD screenshot!

Marté

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Marté » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:35 pm

Just posted an hour ago on the fZ website:

"We are very excited about the future of PowerCADD although PowerCADD 10 is taking us longer than we expected. PowerCADD is an expansive product and the path forward from older old macOS technology has not always predictable. We are working hard to create a quality and stable product. Our current estimate is that we expect the first beta in January with the release a few months after.

PowerCADD 10 is 64-bit, supports all modern macOS operating systems, and is native on Apple Silicon (M1/M2). It also includes a new DXF/DWG translator and a number of new tools. We think that you will really enjoy the new PowerCADD."

https://forums.formz.com/topic/7343-ple ... dd/page/2/

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:55 pm

This is all we ask: keep us informed. Merry Christmas.

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:26 pm

Haha. Nothing like posting images of competing CAD software drawings to motivate someone in the know to finally update us on PCADD.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:11 am

Marté wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:35 pm

"We are very excited about the future of PowerCADD although PowerCADD 10 is taking us longer than we expected. PowerCADD is an expansive product and the path forward from older old macOS technology has not always predictable. We are working hard to create a quality and stable product. Our current estimate is that we expect the first beta in January with the release a few months after.

PowerCADD 10 is 64-bit, supports all modern macOS operating systems, and is native on Apple Silicon (M1/M2). It also includes a new DXF/DWG translator and a number of new tools. We think that you will really enjoy the new PowerCADD."

Thanks for sharing, Marté!

poolvibe

Post by poolvibe » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:23 pm

About a month to go for Beta and 2 months until release. After so many years, sounds like no time at all :)

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:16 am

Wonderful news! Can't wait to try it out on my new 16" MBP M1 Max :D

David Jones

Post by David Jones » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:34 am

Great news! Keep warm in North America! Merry Christmas!

David

fred johnson

Post by fred johnson » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:26 pm

As a former PC/WT user and longtime Vectorworks architect user I decided to take advantage of VW's perpetual licensee offer as of 1/23 VW is moving to the subscription agreement direction. I will get the 2023 ver. with a free upgrade to the 2024 ver. when available. I follow the PC/WT news and a looking forward to the next updated release although I have no need for FZ. I am hoping that PC/WT retains all of its 2D features and then some, and may come back for that reason. I wish all on the forum (and Alfred) a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:20 pm

Marté wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:35 pm

Very odd that an update on development would be posted to the FormZ website and not the PowerCADD website where the installed base has been asking for updates. Installed base = $$$ revenue for new version.

I'm going to proceed with AutoCAD for the Mac until PowerCADD 10 is actually shipping.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:07 pm

fred johnson wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:26 pm
As a former PC/WT user and longtime Vectorworks architect user I decided to take advantage of VW's perpetual licensee offer as of 1/23 VW is moving to the subscription agreement direction.....
I decided to bite on that offer myself. At the very least, I needed to continue with a really great rendering program that's been really useful for the schematic design phase, for new construction. I've been porting elevations to PowerCADD via DWG. Soon there will be a desktop computer purchase, and my laptop will truly become the mobile option. As for cost- what the heck, I need the tax write-off. ;)
Once the beta of PC is released, that is when I get the Mac Studio. Once the actual program is released, then the laptop gets its system software upgraded- at last- to Mac OS 11 (Ventura)- or is it OS13.x? Apple seems to be doing these things different these days. I expect the Mac Studio will have Ventura pre-loaded, so no issues there.