PowerCadd 10

patrickm
Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by patrickm » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:19 pm

Thanks Todd and David for the update. Fingers crossed for a smooth and speedy completion of the update.

GrandChampion

Post by GrandChampion » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:49 pm

Yes, a huge thanks to Todd and David for the update. Very good news indeed.

eugarps

Post by eugarps » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Thank you Todd and David for the encouraging update! I’ll be so looking to the release, so I can continue to use PC as my primary drafting platform.
Bill Sprague
Ancient Civil Engineer

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:38 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:45 pm
We estimate that PowerCADD 10 is 80-85% complete and has been in beta testing since February.

I would also encourage PowerCADD users to submit a request to [email protected] and request to be put on the list for when the public beta is available to try PC 10 out and judge for yourself.
Todd,
Thank you for the update and clarification on the progress of PowerCADD 10. I encourage you and David to give a monthly update. A regular update will show respect and gratitude toward your current and future customers. We are passionate about PowerCADD and are loyal customers. Engaged customers are an asset, not a liability.

Many of us are using antiquated Macs with MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) in order to use PowerCADD 9 while juggling newer Macs with M1/M2 chips and current MacOS systems. This multiple setup can be a painful workflow since many apps are no longer supporting Mojave (Google Drive being one).

Best regards,
Marion

johncruet48

Alfred and Wild Tools

Post by johncruet48 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:28 pm

I hope that there is a way to incorporate at least some of Wild Tools into PowerCADD 10. All of the tools in his Doors and Windows palettes are utterly valuable, well thought out, and professional. Not seeing the need, for the Perspective Tools as the FormZ interface and integration should supplant these with a more robust approach. Tools which create section symbols, text handling, etc. have lot of value as well.

[email protected]
Site Admin

Post by [email protected] » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:59 pm

As you know, Apple makes it hard to maintain compatibility with older systems. From an engineering perspective, with PowerCADD 10, we are finding it harder and harder to maintain compatibility with a broad range of older systems. Supporting older systems affects the functionality and performance of PowerCADD 10. We have determined that supporting macOS Monterey, Venture, Sonoma, and what comes after yields the best balance of performance and capabilities. Your feedback is essential. We are looking for feedback on supporting only macOS 12 Monterey and above. What hardships will this cause?

Best,
Todd Stanley

ArchitectJohn

Post by ArchitectJohn » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:25 pm

Todd, We have 5 computers running and have as of today made a test jump to running OS12 with VM Fusion emulating OS 10.14 with Powercadd 9. This way we can bridge life till Powercadd 10 comes out.

We do not want to go back to the old OS as it's hard to operate with the old system. Mostly because websites do not work and other programs do not work.

The VM Fusion is actually working way better than I thought.

John F.

fred johnson

Post by fred johnson » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:55 pm

Todd,
What will be the expectations regarding PC10 ability to open earlier versions of PC and reading/translating .dwg files?

Pat971

Post by Pat971 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:05 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:59 pm
... We are looking for feedback on supporting only macOS 12 Monterey and above...
Todd Stanley
Thank you for your message, I think this is the best option ! I don't see any reason on supporting os prior to Monterey.

I'd like to take this opportunity to come back to the previous exchanges with Alfred.
There's obviously a big (huge) difference of opinion between Alfred and you/David.
What can explain that? I mean, 15% vs 85%! We're not talking about the same thing at all!

So much so that Alfred is no longer a member of this forum... I find this incomprehensible, worrying... and annoying.

Imagining PowerCadd without wildtools (in what we know today as PC9+WT) is quite unthinkable to me, unless of course most of the tools are integrated into PC10, but is that possible?

Todd & David's messages are really reassuring about PC10, but I'm very confused to see that Alfred hasn't taken the measure of what this update represents.

I keep looking the sky every morning, hoping to see a public beta that will allow us to look forward to a real future with PC!
All the best, don't give up and bring us the best version of PC we've ever seen !

[email protected]
Site Admin

Post by [email protected] » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:55 pm

fred johnson wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:55 pm
What will be the expectations regarding PC10 ability to open earlier versions of PC and reading/translating .dwg files?
Fred,

PowerCADD 10 will open PowerCADD 8 and 9 files. Earlier file versions should be converted to PC9 to access them on PC10.

As for DWG, the translator has been rewritten for PC10 and supports reading/translating modern DWG files.

Best,
Todd