PowerCadd 10

ryandrnek

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by ryandrnek » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:24 pm

Can PC please provide a release date and system requirements for the new program?

Pat971

Post by Pat971 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 pm

To all these recent posts, the authors of which have sometimes used very harsh words, I think we need to remain pragmatic... if ENGSW and AutoDesSys have embarked on this project, it's with a view to meeting users' expectations, not just to occupy their weekends.

Since the publication of the screenshot in August 2022, I think that the PC10 development team (...?) has been under a lot of pressure, because suddenly this project that we no longer believed in has become reality again.
In this sense, it's understandable that it's not very constructive/encouraging to have messages suggesting that ENGSW and AutoDesSys don't give a damn about the ENORMOUS expectations of us users.

The lack of communication on the progress of development is clearly to be criticised, because even if this consists of simply saying "things are moving along" from time to time, it's already very important.
Why? Because my personal fear - but I don't think I'm alone in this - is that tomorrow I'll read a post announcing that PC10 development will be abandoned altogether.
I try not to think about the consequences because otherwise I can't sleep.

In this context, Alfred's message made my blood run cold, and even though Todd and David reacted quickly, the great discrepancy between their respective messages was particularly worrying for me.

Reading the message from Iparos last week, which is developing externally and independently, is I think the most important message since David's message at the end of April announcing that PC10 was being tested by certain distributors/users.

So even if it's taking much longer than expected, the only thing that's really important is the PC10' release, and any message that suggests we're getting closer to that goal is a good one to take.

So I'd like to reiterate my wish for more information, a few new screenshots... in short, anything that will make this interminable wait more acceptable!

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:42 pm

My experience with PowerCADD from late 1990's to today:

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll:

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:11 am

C'mon guys, it's the proper time for the public beta.

Joe Mattei

Post by Joe Mattei » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:33 pm

And how much have you paid (renewal charge) for your CAD software in the last...???... years? Mine has been $0.00.

Jean Claude EuanCADD

Post by Jean Claude EuanCADD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Pat971 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 pm
To all these recent posts, the authors of which have sometimes used very harsh words, I think we need to remain pragmatic... if ENGSW and AutoDesSys have embarked on this project, it's with a view to meeting users' expectations, not just to occupy their weekends.

Since the publication of the screenshot in August 2022, I think that the PC10 development team (...?) has been under a lot of pressure, because suddenly this project that we no longer believed in has become reality again.
In this sense, it's understandable that it's not very constructive/encouraging to have messages suggesting that ENGSW and AutoDesSys don't give a damn about the ENORMOUS expectations of us users.

The lack of communication on the progress of development is clearly to be criticised, because even if this consists of simply saying "things are moving along" from time to time, it's already very important.
Why? Because my personal fear - but I don't think I'm alone in this - is that tomorrow I'll read a post announcing that PC10 development will be abandoned altogether.
I try not to think about the consequences because otherwise I can't sleep.

In this context, Alfred's message made my blood run cold, and even though Todd and David reacted quickly, the great discrepancy between their respective messages was particularly worrying for me.

Reading the message from Iparos last week, which is developing externally and independently, is I think the most important message since David's message at the end of April announcing that PC10 was being tested by certain distributors/users.

So even if it's taking much longer than expected, the only thing that's really important is the PC10' release, and any message that suggests we're getting closer to that goal is a good one to take.

So I'd like to reiterate my wish for more information, a few new screenshots... in short, anything that will make this interminable wait more acceptable!
If it was shelved then it wouldn't be that big a deal, people could just move to vector works. I know several architectural practices who have done so as they gave up waiting. They haven't looked back. If they shelved it then we would or 10 person practice to vector works. It iss the not knowing and endless false promises that are the issue.

PowerCADD seems like a religion to some people. It is just a piece of software that, over the last 10 years, has seen other software become equal or better at it's USP which was producing quality architectural drawings rather. That's the blunt truth.

Jean Claude EuanCADD

Post by Jean Claude EuanCADD » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:24 pm

Joe Mattei wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:33 pm
And how much have you paid (renewal charge) for your CAD software in the last...???... years? Mine has been $0.00.
This is a ridiculous way to look at it and a red herring :D . We purchased powercadd as a professional piece of drafting software. that is a commitment. We are a business and would happy have paid for subscription or newer releases for it to be properly updated and maintained. I'd much rather have paid more for it and it work rather than taking the best part of 10 years to catch up with a Mac going to 64 Bit and being left in limbo and having saved a few thousand pounds a year.

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:26 am

Jean Claude EuanCADD wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:24 pm
Joe Mattei wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:33 pm
This is a ridiculous way to look at it and a red herring :D . We purchased powercadd as a professional piece of drafting software. that is a commitment. We are a business and would happy have paid for subscription or newer releases for it to be properly updated and maintained. I'd much rather have paid more for it and it work rather than taking the best part of 10 years to catch up with a Mac going to 64 Bit and being left in limbo and having saved a few thousand pounds a year.
I second!

Joe Mattei

Post by Joe Mattei » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:38 am

One of the things that stands out as ridiculous is your comment that my comment was ridiculous. Apparently we are ridiculous when we express a comment that you don't agree with. That's the world we live in these days! Express your point of view and be berated and ridiculed. Constructive discourse, with some people, has left the building...

Nametabb2

Post by Nametabb2 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:50 pm

How but anything other than support for the people/firms that are working to update PowerCadd is beyond me. We’ve nothing invested so we haven’t been scammed. If someone feels they've been misled or treated badly then they should move on as threatened many a times.

When Todd announced he could no longer update PC did everyone make alternative plans for the future then? Have everyone since purchased newer computers to run the update? If you haven’t you are not out of pocket and have nothing to complain about other than missed deadlines. I’m sure I am not the only one who has missed a deadline after a project became more complicated than when first taken on.

It can be frustrating when you have to wait longer than expected for something but that frustration venting publicly is a selfish act. It helps not at all.

I don’t work for, nor do I know anyone working on the update. But I do know that I see better results with everyone I work with when I show gratitude and respect for what they do.

Let’s stay positive and thankful for David, Todd and the team working on PC.