PowerCadd 10

MWolfe

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by MWolfe » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:33 pm

👍🏻 Agree

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:10 pm

While I'm here to fully support the development team; I think it's important to recognize that we are all are making an investment in this software by continuing to have staff limp along on unsupported machines, without a clear end date. Our decision to stick with PowerCADD and not make a transition to a new software is an investment. The risk is that PowerCADD 10 will not come and our year of waiting will be lost time and our company will be behind competitors who are working with supported, modern software.

It's understandable that people are frustrated that there is little to no communication from the development team.

As always, eagerly looking forward to the PowerCADD beta.

Thanks,
Mike

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:33 pm

Hi all,

At the risk of getting myself in trouble I'll share the following observations on PC 10. I am one of the early beta testers and have signed a non-disclosure agreement to not discuss the beta. Hopefully this doesn't breach the agreement too far.

Since receiving the first beta release some time ago there has been and still is a steady stream of updates. Almost weekly. There have been a couple of times when things had to be redone so that put things back a bit but that is to be expected in such a major rewrite of a huge amount of code. So development has been steady and PowerCADD 10 IS coming.

The current status is, IMHO, that nobody will need ANY retraining to use PC 10. I anticipate any user of PC 9 will be up and running with PC10 in no time. Some things are in new places but on the whole it's about 95-98% of PC 9. I can't go into specifics here but PC10 has all the same feel of PC 9.

As I said, I hope I don't get in trouble for this post but also hope it allays some of the concerns other users have.

Cheers,
Derek

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:17 pm

Thanks, very helpful information.

Mike

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:30 pm

Derek wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:33 pm
Hi all,

At the risk of getting myself in trouble I'll share the following observations on PC 10. I am one of the early beta testers and have signed a non-disclosure agreement to not discuss the beta. Hopefully this doesn't breach the agreement too far.

Since receiving the first beta release some time ago there has been and still is a steady stream of updates. Almost weekly. There have been a couple of times when things had to be redone so that put things back a bit but that is to be expected in such a major rewrite of a huge amount of code. So development has been steady and PowerCADD 10 IS coming.

The current status is, IMHO, that nobody will need ANY retraining to use PC 10. I anticipate any user of PC 9 will be up and running with PC10 in no time. Some things are in new places but on the whole it's about 95-98% of PC 9. I can't go into specifics here but PC10 has all the same feel of PC 9.

As I said, I hope I don't get in trouble for this post but also hope it allays some of the concerns other users have.

Cheers,
Derek
Thank you, Derek!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:19 am

Derek wrote:
I am one of the early beta testers and have signed a non-disclosure agreement to not discuss the beta. Hopefully this doesn't breach the agreement too far.
An opinion about... "why not release a public/extended beta NOW?"

eddiebello

Post by eddiebello » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:16 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi all,

Cheers,
Derek
Great information! Thank you, Derek!

fred johnson

Post by fred johnson » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:13 pm

I think it might be time for an update on computer requirements for PC10. I would think that development is far enough along that system requirements can be stated.

giulio.piovene

Re: PowerCadd 10 OFF TOPIC but need Help...

Post by giulio.piovene » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:59 am

Hello everyone. I am using, or rather I was using, PowerCadd latest release with updated Wild Tools on an old iMac Mid 2011 with Mojave 10.14.6
Yesterday PowerCadd was working very badly with unusual slowdowns that made it unusable. Still having the original installer updated I thought I could delete it and reinstall it. I made backups of the PowerCadd folder and Preferences. And I proceeded with the uninstallation and reinstallation.
When I start the PC it asks me for the serial number and I enter it, then it asks me for the WT serial number and I enter it. At this point I move on to the registration screen with personal data, address and email. When I click Submit Registration PowerCadd crashes.
I tried to restore the old installation but I get the same result. I'm obviously DESPERATE: an old, unsupported program on an equally old computer.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you with all my heart!
Giulio
[email protected]

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi Giulio:

I would suggest a fresh install directly from the ENGSW website:

http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd ... -5-update/

Hopefully, that should work.

Frank