PowerCadd 10

Keith Renton
Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Keith Renton » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:28 pm

I suspect that the development of PC10 is being carried out more for the benefit of existing and potential new Form Z users rather than existing PC users. No one seems to know what the current numbers of PC users there are, but I suspect it's less than that of From Z users. We also know that PC users naturally tend to be older and are diminishing as retirement looms. Therefore it makes more commercial sense to for the developers to cater for Form Z users (new and existing) rather than PC users.

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Jean Claude EuanCADD wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:56 pm
mdhawkins wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:12 pm
AudiA4 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:59 am

They have been giving periodic updates. They've confirmed that the product is in beta testing. Beta testers have even posted screenshots. What you "deserve"?! Thanks for making my point.
Not sure what planet AudiA4 is living on. We've only been given the slightest info after many people complain and cajole.

Todd Stanley and AutoDesSys have shown they have no respect or care for users who are barely able to use their current version of PowerCADD on the last MacOS (Mojave 10.14.6). BTW, recently joining the list of unusable apps on Mojave are Google Chrome and Google Drive. Many people are forced to operate two Macs. One with Mojave & PowerCADD the other with a current MacOS and their current software.

Again, any decent software company would communicate frequently with their installed customer base with updates and a roadmap. You would think after the loyalty of PowerCADD's following for almost 30 years there would be appreciation shown. People have built their practice and workflows around this software so they have a right to complain and push back. Its no wonder why users have left PowerCADD.
hear hear
You guys need to go back and read my original post.

Marco

Post by Marco » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:37 pm

[/quote]Many people are forced to operate two Macs. One with Mojave & PowerCADD the other with a current MacOS and their current software
[/quote]

Thats my current plan

david kropp

Post by david kropp » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:15 pm

Just a quick note to reassure the PowerCADD community that we are committed to the modern PowerCADD. We have encountered a number of technical challenges and unexpected medical issues with our team that have us far behind our goals. At this point, we hope to release a public beta around the middle of December.  We are looking forward to sharing the new PowerCADD with you once we feel it will meet your expectations

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:09 pm

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. I hope everyone is ok.

Thanks for the update.

pebblebeach

Post by pebblebeach » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:36 pm

david kropp wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:15 pm
Just a quick note to reassure the PowerCADD community that we are committed to the modern PowerCADD. We have encountered a number of technical challenges and unexpected medical issues with our team that have us far behind our goals. At this point, we hope to release a public beta around the middle of December.  We are looking forward to sharing the new PowerCADD with you once we feel it will meet your expectations
If this is true, it's amazing news. I shall continue struggle on with two laptops for a bit longer. I am so relieved to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I would also like to wish everyone on the team a speedy recovery from their medical issues, and thank you so much for all your hard work.

ingseve

Post by ingseve » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:25 am

I'm very happy: my Power Book mid 2012 is almost at the end of its life and new M2 is anxiously waiting for PC 10

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:24 pm

david kropp wrote:
Do not you ever think to enter 2024 without a public beta :mrgreen:

jrvansickle

Post by jrvansickle » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:03 pm

Thanks for the up-date. Our best wishes to everyone on the team and particularly to those with medical issues. We understand what an enormous job this is, and appreciate your commitment to delivering a high quality product.

AudiA4

Post by AudiA4 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:56 pm

david kropp wrote:
Thank you for the update David...hope all of the medical issues are non-serious. Looking forward to the public beta!