AutoDesSys web site info.
http://www.formz.com/fzsite1219/support/new_in_v10.html

Rick@Group3Arch

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:35 pm

They sent an email

AutoDesSys web site info.
http://www.formz.com/fzsite1219/support/new_in_v10.html
Save your time, this is a notice that FormZ is being updated. There is no mention of PowerCADD.

jswain

Post by jswain » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:26 pm

Sorry I didn’t make it clear that it was a FormZ update with no mention of PC.

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:55 pm

We are a week past the middle of the month and into the Christmas break so the advice that an issue of version ten would be around the middle of the month is going to be at least January - I'm listening but all I hear is silence why would I wait any longer, all businesses need to have communications, if I ignored my clients they would go somewhere else and I sure that the majority of Powercadd 9 users have now abandoned ship - even this sees the light of day I doubt that its commercially viable.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Absurd. They released a beta (not alfa, beta) for many months now. But they don’t want to make it public.

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:37 pm

Sorry Joseph is that absurd meant for me, my point is that I think there is nobody left to sell this to - I have been more than patient aging as we go but if there are a small number of buyers then there will be little support and development and the release will wither in the coming years.

joseph

Post by joseph » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:04 am

Absurd is engsw behaviour (they “do” have a beta for months, they are getting us angry by not making it public). Sorry for the misunderstanding, my english is not so good.

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:33 am

Good Morning Joseph

I do agree with you, it's the lack of updates on progress and general communication that annoys me - it was like this with Engineering Software in the past and it's continuing with AutoDesSys, I'd like to know what the relationship is between them and who is actually driving this product forward, the loss of Alfred and Wild Tools was I felt a huge blow to the workability and productivity of Powercadd.

We have waited years and we are not asking much just some clarity on where we are going.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:43 pm

NeilY wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:33 am
Good Morning Joseph

I do agree with you, it's the lack of updates on progress and general communication that annoys me - it was like this with Engineering Software in the past and it's continuing with AutoDesSys, I'd like to know what the relationship is between them and who is actually driving this product forward, the loss of Alfred and Wild Tools was I felt a huge blow to the workability and productivity of Powercadd.

We have waited years and we are not asking much just some clarity on where we are going.
Welcome to the world of Engineered Software (aka Todd Stanley et all) where they don't care about the customer hence the reason PowerCADD has died a slow death over many years. The blatant and total disregard of a engaged vibrant customer base who have committed time and energy to learning and integrating PC into their practices is unacceptable.

As soon as I gain additional proficiency with AutoCAD (which I began with CAD in the late 1980's) I'll transition away from PC. PC has been easy to quickly produce designs and drawings but I'll be glad to finally tell Engineering Software goodbye!

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:10 am

Merry Christmas to all of us who still believe in Santa Claus and PC10 :mrgreen: