New PowerCADD screenshot!

fred johnson

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by fred johnson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:32 pm

Plus Spec does seem to be a great architectural add-on to SketchUp, if fact, SU has come a long way in the past years with all the add-ons available.
I hope PC10 integrates well with SU in the near future.

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:41 pm

Rik Negus wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:15 pm
Report on my separate start up disk:

I purchased a Samsung 1TB SSD drive and loaded Mojave on it all with PowerCadd and some other basic applications.
When I do a restart from OS Ventura it takes about 1 ½ minutes to load.
Everything runs really fast loading PC etc.
So Mojave works on a newer machine?

You have to restart constantly restart to use other software, switching to a totally different disks setup depending on the program . Back and forth. I've done this for rendering, but its really a slow way to work in general. I am constantly switching programs and going online and digging into archive material. I'd really want PowerCADD to be constantly available.

joseph

Post by joseph » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:24 pm

Beta version for the rest of us? Any updates from the lucky ones testing the actual beta?

NawrockiArchs

Post by NawrockiArchs » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Yes Please - Any reports from the beta testers??!

NedB

Post by NedB » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:57 pm

When you consider neither Engineered Software or AutoDesSys have updated their web pages with any form of ‘coming soon, this is what PowerCADD can do, etc, etc’ there seems to be very little if anything to show that v10 will drop anytime soon - Or perhaps all the info is sitting there ready to drop…..No marketing however seems to feel like a product launch is still some way off!

Dean in SoCal

Post by Dean in SoCal » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:06 pm

Rik Negus wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:32 pm
My patience is running out, because of the PowerCadd delay I am 4 versions of the MacOS behind, I can not update SketchUp from 2021, other programs are also not able to update.
I think I have a solution which I should have thought of before, I have cloned my Mojave OS to a separate start up drive with just basic programs and PowerCadd on it, it is very slow with the drive I am using but I have ordered a SSD drive which should make it a lot faster.
Having done this I can now update my OS and SketchUp on my main drive to the latest versions.
The drawback is to go from one to the other program I have to quit and restart off the other startup disk.
I do very detailed construction models in SU showing all the studs, joist, mechanical etc. SU will produce floor plans, section, elevations in 2D from the model which are opened in LayOut (not the greatest) but adding PlusSpec will bring up in line with the Revit people who are the people I work with.
I am thinking my days with PowerCadd are over, I can keep it as a legacy program on the separate drive for opening old files, the current project I am working on will most likely be the last on PC.
Yes there will be things which I will miss but there will also be big gains.
I am awaiting my SSD drive before I can say how well this will work.
This is the same solution I have used for quite a while. While this is doable, it is not a good solution for a modern workflow. Between Emails, pdfs, file transfers etc...it is not good. I am praying for the release. The first thing I would do with the new system is convert all my old critical files to preserve them for a non intel Mac. The only positive reason I can think of for lack of communication is if they are still working out the ownership/ partnership arrangement.

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:47 pm

Who's got some good news for me on this Friday afternoon!?

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:26 am

Robert wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:02 pm
Alfred Scott wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:49 pm
This is a major undertaking, and we should all be glad to know that work is being done.

It takes less effort for all of you to exercise patience than it does to modernize and update PowerCADD!

Alfred
Well said Alfred.
It close. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.
Lets try and be supportive of the effort.
It’s hard to be supportive when you are holding onto old hardware for several years for just one application or jumping through hoops to find a workaround with hardware accessories!
The lack of communication is astounding! They should be more appreciative that there are still users willing to wait this long! I suspect many have given up waiting and moved on!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:50 am

PC10 was announced for summer -past summer. Todd wrote a letter -in this site- “we’ll let you know…”, but he only appears, from time to time, to complain for users lack of patient and to say he has no time to spare for let us know anything. A beta mostly alfa,I assume. A professional cad for professional users from not professional developers.

eugarps

Post by eugarps » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:05 pm

Hello,

I must have missed it but from what website will V 10 be distributed? I was wondering where I should be looking for releases.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Sprague
Ancient Civil Engineer