New PowerCADD screenshot!

patrickm

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by patrickm » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:08 pm

P&JArchitects wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:36 pm
Hi All:

I'm hiring a new employee and I need 1 more license for PowerCADD....I reached out to engsw support and haven't received any emails back so I'm wondering if anyone on here that is done waiting has a license I can buy...hopefully it is a short term solution as I'm still holding out for the new version but I need a license to bridge the gap.

Thanks!
Keith
I just sent you a private message about a possible source of a license.

good luck
patrick

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:31 pm

OK, so first off, glad this forum is back up.

Probably, an update on the Beta will be sent shortly. Hopefully, that beta will feature more tools to try.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:02 pm

A new beta arrived today and many things are being flushed out. It is still not in a state where I can use it for production, however.

Cheers,
ralph

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:56 pm

Didn't get the latest beta. Wonder if they have trimmed testers. I was enjoying setting up title blocks, layer sets and testing tools I haven't used before. It was a nice distraction. Hopefully they send out betas to users over time and not all at once.

WB

gybognarjr

Post by gybognarjr » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:34 am

Does PowerCADD 10 exist? Did anyone get credible and accurate information within the last 4 years, 3 years, 2 years, 1 year, 1 month or ever, that PowerCADD update ever be issued for 64bit MacOS?

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:57 pm

gybognarjr wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:34 am
Does PowerCADD 10 exist? Did anyone get credible and accurate information within the last 4 years, 3 years, 2 years, 1 year, 1 month or ever, that PowerCADD update ever be issued for 64bit MacOS?
Have you been reading this thread? Currently, PC10 is in beta testing. You can request to be a beta tester, if you'd like. Read the rest of the postings.

Marco

Post by Marco » Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:41 pm

How do we request to be a beta tester?

Dean in SoCal

Post by Dean in SoCal » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:57 am

I'm a long time user that is working with a second Intel machine that runs only Powercadd.

I just downloaded and tested PC10 for the first time. Very impressed with the look and feel as well some long needed improvements. I did get a couple of crashes. Overall I am overjoyed and praying for the final release. I recently demoed a few cad apps and was amazed how poorly they compare to Powercadd for fast/ easy drawing.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:04 pm

Marco wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:41 pm
How do we request to be a beta tester?
I don’t remember how I became a beta tester, but you might send an email to [email protected] and request to be included.

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:42 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with use of fonts? Or editing text? It was one of the very first problems I noticed when they released the Beta to us and though I had responded to ENGSW with this issue, at the outset, it still isnt resolved. "Editing" text used to open a separate window...it doesnt any longer. I cannot change any of the fonts. Basically, the new PowerCADD version is unusable to me w/o this working correctly.

Im also a little concerned that after all these months since the Beta release, all of the updates, the incomplete tools are still not complete. Is Wildtools dead and buried?

I suppose the real question I am asking...is anyone else concerned this new version of PCADD is just not coming together like the old PowerCADD? Honestly, I didnt want a thing to change...I just wanted it to work on newer Macs. Ugh.