Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:00 pm
There must be a different definition of whinging in some parts of the world
Whinge
complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way
I haven't seen any whinging - questions yes

joseph

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by joseph » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:42 pm

Make “public” the already released beta and we will be quiet. Very, very easy, “normal”.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:13 pm

NeilY wrote:
There must be a different definition of whinging in some parts of the world I haven’t seen whinging but I have seen a concern from users about what is happening to the software that they love to use and feeds them and their children whilst keeping a roof over their heads, we don’t want the upheaval of change and have held off for a long time in the hope that PC10 would appear.

Somebody said that we have had it for free for years, yes we haven’t paid since the upgrade to PC9 but that is a failing of Engineering Software, their business plan and the lack of upgrades and support that would have allowed them to monitize the product. After the launch of PC9 I’m sure some of us will remember that there were people on forums who were trying to buy the software whose emails and phone calls were unanswered.

Architosh wrote the story 26 months ago that AutoDesSys and Engineering Software were joining forces, a screen shot of the software was uploaded by David Kropp a year later now 14 months on from that we have heard very little, Mid December public beta has come and gone in silence, if you tells us there will be a release then please explain why it didn’t happen.
Well said! I couldn't agree more.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:15 pm

Derek wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:13 pm
NeilY wrote:
There must be a different definition of whinging in some parts of the world
Whinge
complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way
And that’s it, I won’t be responding to any more comments on this subject because I have expressed my view too many times already.
Said Derek...but obviously not! :lol:

c.szollosi.nj

Post by c.szollosi.nj » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:14 pm

Are we now reduced to alienating one of the last folks who is listening to us and trying to help. Who btw is someone who has helped each and every one of us through his involvement with PC and WildTools in the past. I believe we have effectively achieved that goal with Todd Stanley and David Kropp.

Sure, those who have decided to stick with PC are frustrated with the glacial pace of progress (I know I am) but, at least, there is progress (Well, maybe, who knows? We don't get any real updates.). We have no one to blame or hold responsible for our decisions but ourselves. All the continued whining and moaning (whinging for our British flavored speakers) is juvenile at best. The last day we had any justification for complaining about the fact that PC had not been brought up to today's requirements in the past 13+ years was the day before Todd Stanley advised us of PC's then demise. From that day forward, if keeping your business afloat, food on your table, or roof over your head were in jeopardy and you did not find or were not actively searching for an alternative - shame on you. If you chose to stick with PC, then buckle up buttercup and stop your whining.

Are there alternatives to PC out there? Heck yes!!! Are they as elegant, simple to use, and familiar as the PC/PD I have grown accustomed to using since day one back in 1987? Heck no!!! Is it unreasonable to expect a more timely update than the 13+ years we have been waiting since PC9 was released? Heck no!!! Is it unreasonable to expect regular updates with meaningful milestones met from the team in charge? Heck no!!!

We are all entitled to our opinions. We should freely voice our frustrations as well as constructive suggestions or criticisms. Before the tone of the conversation turns accusatory, belittling, or denigrating, however, we should remind ourselves of the cliche regarding opinions and consider just how far into our mouth or up any other available orifices we may wish to place our feet.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:33 pm

How many of us are whingeing? Ten? Twenty? Give us the beta already available for a few people. Solved.

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:41 am

I always like to help the users of PowerCADD and/or WildTools when they have specific questions that I may be able to answer.
joseph wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:33 pm
How many of us are whingeing? Ten? Twenty?
Only about 3 or 4 in this forum by my estimate. The other 470 or so members are happy to express their views once or maybe even twice and these are encouraged and welcomed regardless of what those opinions may be.

joseph

Post by joseph » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:25 pm

Days ago I asked if PC10 graphics will be “metal” on mac. Any detail about this?

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:55 pm

On the plus side, I learned a new word (whingeing). As an American, I was familiar with “whining”, but not “whingeing”. Another benefit of the global community. I’m not whingeing or whining, just noticing. :)

joseph

Post by joseph » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:47 pm

Hello everybody, happy new year! 2023 was a whingeing year but I’m sure 2024 will be a wonderful PC10 year! :)